Skip to main content

god speed you! black emperor

Quantcast

Seeqpod is a search amalgamation tool; put in the band you like, or song title, and it searches the web for publically available sources, scrobbles together a list of those songs, and lets you put together a playlist. The playlist can be saved for later reference. The songs' URLs are also shown, but appear to need to be hand-copied because the Flash interface doesn't permit right-clicking to copy, and the URL itself doesn't launch a new window, copy the URL, or do anything at all apparently. (minor gripe)

There's also an autodetected iPhone specific interface if accessed through the iPhone's Safari browser.

And I still miss Pandora.

Edit: I love it when people respond to inquiries - I wrote:
I'm curious: The URL of each MP3 found is displayed with each found track,
but there's no apparent way to copy it to the clipboard or launch a new
browser window or tab. Why is there no easy link to the URLs of the MP3s
that Seeqpod finds?
Emma at SeeqPod wrote back:
Thanks for visiting SeeqPod. We've disabled those links because of legal issues related to downloading and because of the overall unreliability of the links themselves. We may improve and reintroduce that feature in the future.

If you have an iPhone, be sure to check out http://seeqpod.com/iphone - and let your friends know about SeeqPod!

Comments

  1. See also the hype machine. it lets you just play the whole search results list.

    seeqpod lets you search youtube too though (tv icon), dang that's useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look at HypeM today, thanks. At a glance, it appears to scrobble from a set of known music blogs; I think SeeqPod is just crawling the entire internet for search terms, and logging any media that it finds, primarily MP3, but also anything on video sites, and then embeds the player. In theory, SeeqPod should return a wider range of results.

    SeeqPod also allows the whole search results to be played; it's just two clicks: "Add All" (left pane) and then "Play."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

send this to your crush without context.

dan simmons’ fiction

“I came back for my own purposes,” said the Time Traveler, looking around my booklined study. “I chose you to talk to because it was . . . convenient. And I don’t want you to do a goddamned thing. There’s nothing you can do. But relax . . . we’re not going to be talking about personal things. Such as, say, the year, day, and hour of your death. I don’t even know that sort of trivial information, although I could look it up quickly enough. You can release that white-knuckled grip you have on the edge of your desk.” I tried to relax. “What do you want to talk about?” I said. “The Century War,” said the Time Traveler. I blinked and tried to remember some history. “You mean the Hundred Year War? Fifteenth Century? Fourteenth? Sometime around there. Between . . . France and England? Henry V? Kenneth Branagh? Or was it . . .” “I mean the Century War with Islam,” interrupted the Time Traveler. “Your future. Everyone’s.” He was no longer smiling. Without asking, or offering to pour me any, he