Skip to main content

muppet lover

The Henson Creature Factory-riffic Farscape has finally started showing on very late night Japanese broadcast TV, but they are not including the original English audio track, so I would have to watch it in Japanese, which is no fun because I miss subtle plot points pretty frequently.

However, because I am such a fan of Henson, I have the Storyteller series on DVD; when it was unavailable in the USA, one of my treasured media possessions was a collection of Japanese VHS tapes that I had picked up in a used video shop in Osaka. Now I have that series on one DVD, and the Greek Myths collection as well. I also have a copy of Mirrormask waiting to be viewed, and have not yet made time for it. Originally I hear it was planned to be a sequel to Labyrinth, but I have since heard it is more intended to be a spiritual sequel to that movie, inasmuch as it will live on forever in various current home video formats and account for reasonable yearly sales, despite a poor initial showing in theaters. Along those lines, I am guessing that The Power of the Dark Crystal (2007) is expected to perform similarly. I'm also guessing that Guillermo Del Toro’s Pan’s Labyrinth will in any way feature Bowie’s Jared, king of the goblins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

send this to your crush without context.

dan simmons’ fiction

“I came back for my own purposes,” said the Time Traveler, looking around my booklined study. “I chose you to talk to because it was . . . convenient. And I don’t want you to do a goddamned thing. There’s nothing you can do. But relax . . . we’re not going to be talking about personal things. Such as, say, the year, day, and hour of your death. I don’t even know that sort of trivial information, although I could look it up quickly enough. You can release that white-knuckled grip you have on the edge of your desk.” I tried to relax. “What do you want to talk about?” I said. “The Century War,” said the Time Traveler. I blinked and tried to remember some history. “You mean the Hundred Year War? Fifteenth Century? Fourteenth? Sometime around there. Between . . . France and England? Henry V? Kenneth Branagh? Or was it . . .” “I mean the Century War with Islam,” interrupted the Time Traveler. “Your future. Everyone’s.” He was no longer smiling. Without asking, or offering to pour me any, he