Skip to main content

rampage is high-larious

Punch, punch lines make Rampage a star - MMA - Yahoo! Sports:
Regardless of its origin, Rampage will wear his chain – a new one, he’s not sure what happen to that old one – Saturday when he enters the octagon to defend his title against Forrest Griffin at a sold out Mandalay Bay Events Center. The sports books have him as the heavy favorite.

He may even wind up wearing the chain in Hollywood if, as rumor has it, he takes the role of another famous chain-wearing badass in succeeding Mr. T as B.A. Baracus in a remake of “The A-Team.”

Whether he gets the part or not – “After this fight, I find out” – America should see a great deal of Rampage in the months to come. He’s the ultimate combination of devastating fighter and oversized fun, perhaps the only man in the world capable of headlining a UFC pay-per-view card and a Vegas comedy show."

“I spent about $8,000 on extra tickets because everybody watched me on ‘Ultimate Fighter,’–” he said. “I’ve got uncles and aunts like 80 years old.”

Jackson broke into his Hollywood act, reenacting a phone conversation.

“‘I’m coming. I’m getting on a plane,” he said in old lady voice. “‘I ain’t never been on a plane before in my life. I’m coming to Vegas and watching. You better get me some tickets. I want front row.’

“‘What’s your old ass need with front row?’

“‘I can’t see no way else.’

He laughed.

“So they’ll be in the front row with their binoculars.”

(...) MMA has a reputation of being full of tattooed white guys. Jackson was such a rarity that when he was in PRIDE, the Japanese hyped him as a homeless man, a rather ugly stereotype. These days the sport is by no means homogenous – the current UFC champions consists of a Hawaiian, a French-Canadian, two Brazilians and Jackson, an African-American.

Actually, just call him black. He gave up the term African-American when he met a white guy from Africa who moved to America. It completely messed with his mind.

“He was a white African-American. (I said to him) ‘How can you be African-American? (Of course,) I’ve never been to Africa and I’m African-American.’”


Comments

  1. ...and if that wasn't enough, he also has great taste in cars, driving an Audi R8.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

send this to your crush without context.

dan simmons’ fiction

“I came back for my own purposes,” said the Time Traveler, looking around my booklined study. “I chose you to talk to because it was . . . convenient. And I don’t want you to do a goddamned thing. There’s nothing you can do. But relax . . . we’re not going to be talking about personal things. Such as, say, the year, day, and hour of your death. I don’t even know that sort of trivial information, although I could look it up quickly enough. You can release that white-knuckled grip you have on the edge of your desk.” I tried to relax. “What do you want to talk about?” I said. “The Century War,” said the Time Traveler. I blinked and tried to remember some history. “You mean the Hundred Year War? Fifteenth Century? Fourteenth? Sometime around there. Between . . . France and England? Henry V? Kenneth Branagh? Or was it . . .” “I mean the Century War with Islam,” interrupted the Time Traveler. “Your future. Everyone’s.” He was no longer smiling. Without asking, or offering to pour me any, he