Skip to main content

bootie: psa

Bastard Pop is the mixing of two or more songs with each other, and/or adding new content to the mix. This is still just catching on in the US, from what I hear, as opposed to Europe where it is old news. The recent, oppressive activities on the part of copyright industry are likely to blame. Or maybe there are just so many versions of Missy Elliot's "Work It" that the average human can hear on the road to finding gems like Freelance Hellraiser's "Just Can't Get Enough Pills," Dsico's "Block Rockin' Woman," or the anonymous, joyful Eminem vs. Magnum P.I. mashup "Without Magnum." To those humans, I feel their pain, but say unto them keep digging long enough, and you will find gold.

Friends in San Francisco have been able to attend BOOTIE! (photos, photos, photos) - a club event championing this outlaw music form. The last one was on Feb. 10th, and the next one will be Wednesday, March 10, Cherry Bar & Lounge. There's also a new club thing starting (from the maillist): "And for those of you looking for a little mash-up fix before our next BOOTIE party on , be sure to come to the GRAND OPENING of our new club, GUILTY. GUILTY is happening this FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 20 -- and every Friday after that -- at the STUD, at 9th & Harrison in San Francisco. It's being presented by ourselves, along with Suppositori Spelling, and it's gonna be a "bastard pop rock electro hiphop whatever" party. Mr. Anthony from Glama-Rama will also be spinning. Adrian and the Mysterious D will be sure to throw quite a few mash-ups into their sets!"
I'd go if I could, but I'm not even on the right continent. (thanks, astra)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

send this to your crush without context.

dan simmons’ fiction

“I came back for my own purposes,” said the Time Traveler, looking around my booklined study. “I chose you to talk to because it was . . . convenient. And I don’t want you to do a goddamned thing. There’s nothing you can do. But relax . . . we’re not going to be talking about personal things. Such as, say, the year, day, and hour of your death. I don’t even know that sort of trivial information, although I could look it up quickly enough. You can release that white-knuckled grip you have on the edge of your desk.” I tried to relax. “What do you want to talk about?” I said. “The Century War,” said the Time Traveler. I blinked and tried to remember some history. “You mean the Hundred Year War? Fifteenth Century? Fourteenth? Sometime around there. Between . . . France and England? Henry V? Kenneth Branagh? Or was it . . .” “I mean the Century War with Islam,” interrupted the Time Traveler. “Your future. Everyone’s.” He was no longer smiling. Without asking, or offering to pour me any, he