Skip to main content

line ’em up and pants ’em

Dr. Joshua Ellis weighs in on the voter registration obscenity in Nevada:
I thought the name sounded a little too patriotic,” Justin told me last week over the phone from a gig in the Caribbean. “But I thought, y’know, it’s the DMV, so it can’t be bullshit. When I was signing up, I almost -- almost -- didn’t put down ‘Democrat’ as my party affiliation. But I did it anyway.”

When [local Vegas CBS affiliate] KLAS broke a story featuring claims by former Voter Outreach of America employees that the company was illegally destroying voter registration forms from Democratic voters, Justin called the local registrar – and discovered that, in fact, he was not registered to vote.
(...)
The fact that Sproul continues to register (some) votes suggests that the RNC either doesn’t know or doesn’t care about these allegations. They’re certainly not making much of a big deal about it, or conducting any sort of big internal investigation. In fact, according to the Center for Responsive Politics database, they’ve paid Sproul and Associates, Inc. over $600,000 this year alone for voter registration and “political consulting”. Such a sum almost certainly suggests that Sproul has transcended the lame-duck Arizona GOP and found himself some new fishing buddies in the rarified circles of the national party. (via flummox)
Update: Sorry about the multiple-posting. Blogger was being a bit catty last night, and apparently I lost the yarn ball.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

send this to your crush without context.

dan simmons’ fiction

“I came back for my own purposes,” said the Time Traveler, looking around my booklined study. “I chose you to talk to because it was . . . convenient. And I don’t want you to do a goddamned thing. There’s nothing you can do. But relax . . . we’re not going to be talking about personal things. Such as, say, the year, day, and hour of your death. I don’t even know that sort of trivial information, although I could look it up quickly enough. You can release that white-knuckled grip you have on the edge of your desk.” I tried to relax. “What do you want to talk about?” I said. “The Century War,” said the Time Traveler. I blinked and tried to remember some history. “You mean the Hundred Year War? Fifteenth Century? Fourteenth? Sometime around there. Between . . . France and England? Henry V? Kenneth Branagh? Or was it . . .” “I mean the Century War with Islam,” interrupted the Time Traveler. “Your future. Everyone’s.” He was no longer smiling. Without asking, or offering to pour me any, he