Skip to main content

a vote for amateurization of the seuss tributes

The fine yacht, "Seuss" it is, then!
A better boat, there never has been!
Young Sally McPun would take it out daily,
In fact most days, she felt quite sail-y.

On any day the Seuss-boat sailed
A trail of chortles behind it trailed.

The McPuns, they came from smiles around
And wondered at that laughing sound.
From the rivers,
From the tress,
And even from the homes of bees!

On shoreside homes, a rippling sound of dripping laughter
Came pouring, pouring from the rafters.
When it showed no signs of stopping,
The McPunsters felt their bellies popping.

"Stop!" they cried, their sides near-split.
"We are sore from laughing at the boat's bow-sp'wit"
And so that day, young Sally sailed to port, forsooth
and just for them, that day, she dock'd her "Seuss."
[posted to Puns! tribe]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

send this to your crush without context.

dan simmons’ fiction

“I came back for my own purposes,” said the Time Traveler, looking around my booklined study. “I chose you to talk to because it was . . . convenient. And I don’t want you to do a goddamned thing. There’s nothing you can do. But relax . . . we’re not going to be talking about personal things. Such as, say, the year, day, and hour of your death. I don’t even know that sort of trivial information, although I could look it up quickly enough. You can release that white-knuckled grip you have on the edge of your desk.” I tried to relax. “What do you want to talk about?” I said. “The Century War,” said the Time Traveler. I blinked and tried to remember some history. “You mean the Hundred Year War? Fifteenth Century? Fourteenth? Sometime around there. Between . . . France and England? Henry V? Kenneth Branagh? Or was it . . .” “I mean the Century War with Islam,” interrupted the Time Traveler. “Your future. Everyone’s.” He was no longer smiling. Without asking, or offering to pour me any, he