Skip to main content

random movies

The Reckoning looks really good. I have trouble relating to Willem Dafoe when he's not a bad guy; David Lynch's Wild at Heart may have permanently scarred me. Hellboy seems to be faring well in the reviews. YAY~! As one of the few people who liked Blade 2 and Mimic (save the ending), I'm happy if Del Toro gets a hit in this one; he's adept at comix-to-screen adaptation. The newest trailer is full of all kinds of joy; I especially like "Second date: no tongue." And of Jonathan Frakes' new directorial effort, if the goosebumps from the trailer are any indication, Thunderbirds are go.

By the way, other than web-presence, I'm entirely divorced from whatever cat-in-the-hat level media hype may accompany any of these movies, or if they're invisible. Thunderbirds was entirely invisible, even on the web recently, with it's trailer banished to some third-string French movie site. Even so, I'm assuming the new Devlin thing The Day After Tomorrow and stuff is pretty much already getting PR burn, so I'll leave it, and its poorly rendered, out of place CG wolves the hell alone.

Oooh. One last bit: Man on Fire. A Tony Scott remake of a revenge movie featuring Christopher Walken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

send this to your crush without context.

dan simmons’ fiction

“I came back for my own purposes,” said the Time Traveler, looking around my booklined study. “I chose you to talk to because it was . . . convenient. And I don’t want you to do a goddamned thing. There’s nothing you can do. But relax . . . we’re not going to be talking about personal things. Such as, say, the year, day, and hour of your death. I don’t even know that sort of trivial information, although I could look it up quickly enough. You can release that white-knuckled grip you have on the edge of your desk.” I tried to relax. “What do you want to talk about?” I said. “The Century War,” said the Time Traveler. I blinked and tried to remember some history. “You mean the Hundred Year War? Fifteenth Century? Fourteenth? Sometime around there. Between . . . France and England? Henry V? Kenneth Branagh? Or was it . . .” “I mean the Century War with Islam,” interrupted the Time Traveler. “Your future. Everyone’s.” He was no longer smiling. Without asking, or offering to pour me any, he